- This event has passed.
ONLINE – Michigan Dem’s One Campaign Weekend of Action/Phone Bank At Home
May 16, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until May 17, 2020
Who Are We Calling?
Michigan Dems coordinated campaign, the One Campaign, focuses on electing Democrats up and down the ballot.
The current campaign is calling voters to check-in in during the COVID-19 pandemic, ask what issues are important to voters, and asking voters they want to be added to the Permanent Absentee Voter List.
Michigan’s 16 Electoral College votes are critical to winning the White House in 2020.
In 2016, we didn’t get enough voters in traditional Democratic strongholds. We also lost crucial votes in rural parts of Michigan. Gaining back support in these areas (and state-wide) will be essential to winning Michigan and holding Senator Gary Peter’s Senate seat.
Plus, Michigan Democrats could take back the state’s House of Representatives from Republicans for the first time since 2010. This will provide Governor Whitmer with support in the Michigan state house and help overturn gerrymandering.
How Does It Work?
ONE campaign uses Open Virtual Phone Bank (or OpenVPB). Log-in is with your VAN ActionID, same as with MiniVan. The action kit at www.togetherfor2020.org/action-recipe/michigan-phone-banking will give you more information.
There are pre-written scripts and pre-programmed replies. Easy!
Why Phone Banking?
From the Together for 2020 phone bank guide:
- After door to door canvassing, it’s the most effective way to connect with people
- Allows campaigns and state Democratic parties gather critical data and target their resources
- Critical for getting out the vote
- Builds community
- Anyone can phone bank from home without having to travel
Great, Let’s Dial!
- Sign-up for the Oakland County 5/16-17 Weekend of Action. RSVP here
- Review set-up, script, and phone banking best practices at www.togetherfor2020.org/action-recipe/michigan-phone-banking
- After you finish dialing, please jot down your stats in this form: www.tinyurl.com/slmistats. It just takes a minute to record the total number of calls, conversations, and Dem supporters. If it is easier, please email email@example.com.
Learn More about Michigan
Posted events are open to all.