- This event has passed.
Final-Stretch Strategy: Phone-bank Captains Needed!
September 2, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Are you an experienced event host, canvasser, phone bank captain or someone else who wants to take on a crucial role in the sprint toward Election Day?
Calling likely Democratic voters in the final eight weeks will have the most impact on the outcomes we all desire for this election—a Trump loss and a Biden/Harris victory, a Blue Senate and Democratic majorities in state legislatures. Research shows this sort of direct contact with voters is very effective, and because it’s impossible to go door-to-door this year, we’ll be calling out the vote by phone!
This event is principally focused on how to recruit more phone bank captains to lead the phone banking efforts. We will have a subsequent event a couple of weeks later to rally and recruit phone bank participants.
You’ll learn about:
- Crucial info we’ve received from swing states regarding their needs
- Goals for remaining vote-by-mail and voter registration mailings
- Phone bank types and number of calls to be made, including vote-by-mail follow-up, ballot chasing and voter protection.
- Phone bank effectiveness and why phone calls work
- Training we offer for people who are new to phone banking. (For reluctant phone bankers, we will demonstrate how you can help instead by recruiting friends and family to make calls)
- A brief and inspiring phone banking video we have made to help in the recruitment effort.
We’ll help you pitch the idea of joining the phone bank effort to your not-yet-engaged friends and associates. You’ll receive document explaining what the needs are and how to sign up, as well as a video that you can forward on to your contacts. And for friends who are currently focused on postcards and letter-writing, the choice to join the phone effort in the final 4-5 weeks.
A Zoom link will be provided in the registration confirmation email after you sign up for this event.
Posted events are open to all.